|NZ is a country of volcanoes that rise up out of the nowhere in splendorous beauty. These individual puddings are just as magnificent. They are best served hot with their delicious crunchy and cracked surface and molten chocolate centers.
Ingredients120g unsalted butter
125g best quality dark chocolate, finely chopped
3 large eggs
½ cup caster sugar
2 tablespoons plain flour
Butter and flour for preparing ramekins
Method• Preheat the oven to 200 C. Grease six 150ml ramekins with butter and add flour to cover the butter, tapping the ramekins to get rid of the excess.
• Put the butter in a saucepan and melt gently. Once butter has melted remove from the heat, add the chopped chocolate and cover with a tea-towel. The chocolate will melt when it is ready.
• In a bowl, whisk together the eggs and sugar until light and fluffy.
• Gradually whisk the melted chocolate and butter until smooth.
• Fold the chocolate mixture and flour into the egg/sugar mix until just blended.
• Pour the mixture into the ramekins and put them on a baking sheet in the oven for 15-20 minutes, until the tops are firm and cracking slightly and the edges set.